My Keys to Success in Life
Callum Sutherland - Dec 31, 2021
- Exploring your options
- Family and finance
- Growing your money
- House and home
- Life after work
- Managing your money
We often hear people asking about what the keys are to life and how to find happiness. Here are the things I have discovered that lead to a happy and fulfilling life.
We often hear people asking about what the keys are to life and how to find happiness. Here are the things I have discovered that lead to a happy and fulfilling life:
1. Fulfill your daily obligations and you never have to worry about your future.
This covers all aspects of life. Think about brushing your teeth everyday, exercising for 30 minutes, eating properly, purchasing needs instead of wants, meet your daily work requirements, spend quality time with loved ones. These would all compound over time and your chance of success would be exponentially higher.
2. Every thing is temporary including turbulence.
If you are in an airplane going through violent turbulence and you keep going, what happens? You eventually fly out of the turbulence and the plane lands safely. There has not been a pilot that hits turbulence and says that's it, turn the engine off and bails out. Yes, we would all like less turbulence and we would like it to end quickly but it does end and you will land safely.
3. If your thoughts were your friend you would have fired them long ago.
Think about how many times your brain created a story and it turned out to be totally wrong. Acknowledge your thoughts and be aware of your thoughts but question them and don't accept them as truth. Validate!
4. What ever is bothering you or on your mind now will be replaced with something new. There will always be something on your mind.
5. Begin with the end in mind and think backwards. Golfers do this by starting on the green and working there plan back to the tee. Business owners do this by going thru their P&L in detail and working back to the operations. My question to you is, if it was 5 years from now and you are looking back and you are happy and successful, what does your life look like? What is happening in your life?
I hope some of these practices help you or inspire you to take some action.